Welcome to Paris !
The city of love is ready to welcome you with open arms.
After we lived and left Paris, we felt like a piece of us stayed in this city. Paris is magic, Paris is love, Paris is extravagance, but most of all, Paris is elegance.
How to look for a flat in Paris?
- List of documents :
– School certificate
– Tax income of guarantor
– Work contract of guarantor
– Monthly income sheet for the 3 past months
– Address certificate
- Where to live
– 20/19/18ème : cheap
– 3ème “le marais” / 4ème/ 11ème :hipster area with many bars
– 1/2/6/7/8/16ème : very expensive and chic
The prices of the flats vary greatly based on location and the agency you are using. The average price per square meter is 27.93€ per month (so then the budget will depend on how much can you afford). More precisely, if you want to have a decent apartment in a good location count on minimum 600€ of monthly rent.
Remember there will possibly be additional costs when you rent a flat, such as paying one month in advance. Plus a security deposit (normally the amount of 1 months rent but can also vary). If you use an agency to rent your flat, you will have to pay their agency fees. Make sure to ask about this in advance, so you aren’t blind-sided by the extra expense.
Not all the apartments in Paris have all expenses included, you might have to pay extra for electricity, gas, and water (basic utility expenses). These are fixed prices depending on your consumption of utilities. Be sure to communicate with your landlord and see if your utilities are included or not, and if not, how to pay them on time
- get ahead in your research
- watch out for scams
- be sure to have all the required documents (and when you visit an apartment, present yourself with the rental documents)
- if you can, look for a French guarantor
- pay attention to the location of your apartment in relation to the metro (it will avoid you wasting time in transport)
- be careful, very few agencies or owners speak English